A diabetes checking machine is a machine that checks the blood for the amount of glucose in it. These machines can be used at home and they are called glucometers. If you are wondering why does a diabetes checking machine check for glucose, then read below.
The best diabetes checking machines available in India are Accu Chek glucometer, Johnson and Johnson Select Simple and Dr. Morepen Gluco One BG03 glucometer. There is a detailed list with all the features available at best diabetes testing machine in India.
Here’s a quick look at the features and their prices.
Prices and links
|Accu-Chek Active Glucometer||OneTouch SelectSimple Glucometer||Dr. Morepen Gluco One BG03 Glucometer|
|Price||Rs. 1350||Rs. 700||Rs. 700 - Rs. 1690|
|Amazon Link||Accu-Chek Active||OneTouch SelectSimple ||Gluco One BG03
|Flipkart Link||Accu-Chek Active Glucometer||OneTouch SelectSimple Glucometer||Dr. Morepen Gluco One BG03 Glucometer|
Accu Chek Active
Accu Chek Active is currently the #1 bestseller on Amazon. Take a look at its features and user reviews to understand why it is such a good device.
Diabetes and glucose
The relation between diabetes and glucose summarized in a few points.
- Glucose is the energy required by your body and its cells
- When you eat, your body breaks down carbohydrates into glucose.
- The glucose produced has to be absorbed by your body.
- But skeletal muscle, fat cells and other important organs cannot absorb glucose without insulin.
- Type 1 Diabetes
- —– This is the case where Pancreas cannot produce insulin
- Type 2 Diabetes
- —– Pancreas might be woking fine
- —– Body becomes resistant to insuline
- In both the cases, there is an excess of glucose in the blood because the body cannot absorb it.
Hence, the measurement of glucose in the blood is used in the diabetes checking devices.
Components of a diabetes testing machine
A diabetes testing device comes with many components. All these components are required in order to obtain an accurate reading.
- A glucometer
- A lancing device
- Testing strips
This device measures the amount of glucose in the blood.
This device is used to puncture your skin to extract a drop of blood.
The extracted blood drop is placed on these testing strips where it reacts with the chemical in the strip. This strip is then placed in the glucometer to get a diabetes measurement.
Always consult a doctor before using these devices. I am not a doctor, so do not use my advice.